WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
The personal data we collect from you may include the following:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Smart Manufacturing Data Hub (SMDH) or sign up to our email alerts;
- your name;
- telephone numbers;
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We use third party cookies, including Google Analytics, to collect information about how you use smdh.uk. This includes IP addresses. The data are anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
This includes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on smdh.uk;
- how long you spend on each smdh.uk page;
- how you got to the site;
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site.
We do not store your personal information through analytics information (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
WHY WE NEED YOUR DATA
We collect information to see how you use the site and our digital services.
We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users;
- make improvements, for example, improving site search.
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts;
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to;
- send email alerts to users who request them;
- allow you to access SMDH services, for example our virtual hub;
- provide you with information about SMDH and services we offer;
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of smdh.uk.
The legal basis for processing anonymised cookies data such as data for Google Analytics is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our functions as a consortium
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
The data we collect may be shared with Innovate UK and SQW Limited for reporting. The data we collect may be shared with Innovate UK and SQW for marketing purposes. The data we collect may be shared with other agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our training software providers and customer record management systems.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties;
- share your data with any other third parties for marketing purposes;
- use your data in analytics
We only allow 3rd parties to handle your data if we are satisfied they have taken appropriate measures to protect your data. We also impose contractual obligations to ensure they protect your personal data.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document;
- the law requires us to.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger.
We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS PROCESSED AND STORED
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Data collected by cookies and Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA AND KEEP IT SECURE
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure.
We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed;
- a copy of that personal data;
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed;
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it;
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
smdh.uk contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to smdh.uk.
FOLLOWING A LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE
FOLLOWING A LINK TO SMDH.UK FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE
CONTACT US OR MAKE A COMPLAINT
Contact the Data Protection Officer if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice;
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
The data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer provides independent advice and monitoring of our use of personal information.
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, SMDH will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last update on 9 March 2023.